Hours of opening
26 October 2018 - 10 March 2019, Tuesday - Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed: every Monday, 25 and 26 December, 1 January
o Students with student card 18 - 25 years old
o Groups with a guided tour ( + fee for guide)
o Groups of min. 15 persons without a guide
o Certified tourist guides
o Kids / youngsters 8 - 18 years old
o School groups secondary education
- € 3: school groups primary education
- Free: kids 0 - 8 years old
- For groups: price for the guide: € 75/max. 20 p. (+ entrance fee p.p.) Nocturnes are possible on request
- For individual visitors (only in Dutch): Each Sunday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Price: € 15 entrance fee (guide included)
- Reservation guided tours: firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 (0)89 51 93 88
For lodging arrangements
For lodging arrangements you will find the Martin’s Rentmeesterij Hotel within walking
distance of Alden Biesen inside the beautifully renovated Steward’s House. More info at: Martins Hotels
Itinerary: how to reach Alden Biesen?
The Grand Commandery Alden Biesen is situated in Bilzen, in the eastern part of Flanders.
You’ll find us in the very heart of the Euregion in close proximity to cities such as Hasselt,
Tongeren, Liège, Maastricht (NL) and Aachen (DE).
Take exit 31 on the E313 motorway Antwerp-Liège. Follow the signposts for Alden Biesen. Address: Kasteelstraat 6, 3740 Bilzen.
By public transport:
Alden Biesen is just 5 km away from Bilzen train station. A taxi or
a dial-a-bus will take you there in no time.
The dial-a-bus? Book your seats at least one hour in advance at +32 11 85 03 00.
The dial-a-bus runs according to a fixed schedule. Remember to book your seats in
The nearest airports are Maastricht (NL, 20 km), Zaventem (95 km),
Charleroi (Brussels South, 110 km) and Liège Bierset (35 km).